Xplore Eyre - Eyre’s Wild West Coast 3 Day Tour
- Duration : 3 Days (approx.)
- Product code : EWC3
Imagine beautiful beaches all to yourself, huge limestone cliffs that drop dramatically
into the Southern Ocean and once in a lifetime wildlife encounters from the
cute and cuddly koala’s of Mirkira Station to swimming with wild sealions and dolphins.
The Eyre Peninsula is known as ‘Australia’s Seafood Frontier’ with some of the worlds
most sought after seafood caught here and you will be sampling a lot of it. You’ll also have the chance to do the ultimate seafood culinary experience, the Ocean to Plate Degustation Cruise in Streaky Bay where you’ll be dining on seafood as it is being caught off the ocean floor beneath you.
We will welcome you into our home as you spend a night at Coodlie Park Wilderness Retreat, where we’ll also do some star gazing off the spectacular southern skies and spot native wildlife on a nocturnal wildlife tour. We will share passion and knowledge of this world class destination with you and show you all the hidden gems you would never
otherwise find! This 3-day tour starts from your accommodation in Adelaide with all transfers and flights to Port Lincoln included.
This tour is available to be upgraded to Xplore Eyre Plus which offer passengers your own private tour, very comfortable executive 4WD’s, 4.5 star accommodation and optional extra’s included for an extra $955pp which you can choose as an "Extra" add on at time of booking.
- Enjoy Australia’s Seafood Frontier – the ultimate in Fresh Seafood
- Swim with wild sealions and dolphins at beautiful Baird Bay
- Visit spectacular national parks, pristine beaches and rugged coastline
- Ocean to Plate Cruise
- Port Lincoln township tour
- Coodlie Park Outback Eco Retreat and evening nocturnal wildlife and stargazing tour
- 4WD’ing in massive sand dunes
- Venus Bay coastal walk
Day 1 – Adelaide to Port Lincoln
You will be transferred from your Adelaide accommodation bright and early to catch your 8.15am flight to Port Lincoln which arrives 45 minutes later. Your local guide will pick you up at Port Lincoln Airport and take you to drop your luggage off at the Port Lincoln Hotel where they will give you an overview of what exciting things area ahead.
After enjoying a delicious lunch at the Port Lincoln Marina we’ll explore Port Lincoln township and its surrounds including Lincoln National Park, Wanna Beach and sand dunes and Whalers Way Conservation Park, the
oldest rocks in South Australia. Then we’ll head to Mikkira Station where you will find yourself surrounded by wild
koalas leaving you feeling warm and fuzzy. We’ll head back into town to have a tantalising dinner at an award-winning seafood restaurant.
Day 2 – Coffin Bay, Baird’s Bay & Coodlie Park
Its an early start as we travel the 250km of stunning outback and coastal scenery of the wild West Coast of the Eyre
Peninsula. We’ll have many stops along the way including stunning Coffin Bay then heading to Baird’s Bay where you have the Optional Experience and once in a lifetime opportunity of swimming with Australian Sealions and dolphins on a 3 hour cruise. Head out into the calm waters with the puppy dogs of the sea splashing, twisting, and twirling all around you. The magical bottle nose dolphins won’t disappoint either.
If the sea lions are not operating in winter then we tailor make your afternoon to suit you. Head to Point Lavatte to witness the only mainland sea lion colony in Australia, do some 4WD’ing through the huge sand dunes of
Lake Newland Conservation Park or simply relax on the beach.
Then its back to our home Coodlie Park Wilderness Retreat where you’ll join us for a family dinner before we head out on a Nocturnal Wildlife and Stargazing Tour giving you a chance to see the beautiful southern skies and get up close and personal with native wildlife while it’s at its most active.
Today we travel about 300km and tonight you’ll sleep in a fully self-contained cottage at our home Coodlie Park.
Day 3 – Streaky Bay & Ceduna to Adelaide
Today we’ll enjoy breakfast at Coodlie Park then head to Streaky Bay 88km down the road to join the crew on board 'Asherah' for a tantalising seafood culinary experience in its most pure and natural form. Throughout the 5-hour cruise, produce is harvested directly from the ocean floor in various locations within the bay. Passengers are given the opportunity to join the skipper and crew in this 'hunter-gatherer' experience, diving for abalone, shucking oysters, catching fish from the back of the vessel.
Each component of your catch is then prepared onboard by the crew and presented as an array of delectable canapés, selectively paired with local wines. This incredible experience is destined to unleash the true flavours of the Seafood Frontier and is an optional experience we highly recommend.
If the cruise is not operating for any reason or passengers do not want to do this optional experience we will instead explore the Point Labatt Sealions colony, the Westall Way coastal tour and Cape Bauer Loop taking in stunning scenery and some light bush walking follow by a luncheon at the seaside town of Streaky Bay.
As your journey draws to an end we will travel to Ceduna and enjoy a beach sunset, shuck some fresh oysters and take in one last magnificent Eyre Peninsula sunset before boarding your 7.25pm flight back to Adelaide. Your airport transfer will have you arriving back to your Adelaide accommodation at approximately 9.30pm.
- Flights – Adelaide to Port Lincoln and Ceduna to Adelaide
- Accommodation – 1 night Port Lincoln Hotel & 1 night Coodlie Park Farm Retreat
- All activities, national park fees and GST
- All Meals
- Airport transfers
- Transport – executive 4WD
- Local guide and expert knowledge
While everything on our tours is included in the price such as transport,accommodation, food and entry and national park fees, there are two optional extra experiences not included in the price that you can choose to do.
Swim with Sea Lions & Dolphins – Baird Bay $170pp
(Please note does not operate between June and August)
This is an amazing experience and really two experiences rolled into one! You many have swum with dolphins before but the interaction you will have with the sea lions and dolphins together at Baird Bay is once in
a lifetime and truly life enhancing.
The price includes a 3-hour cruise with all equipment and morning tea provided. To see more about this experience you can visit the operators website here.
Ocean to Plate Harvest Experience - Streaky Bay - $340pp
(Please note does not operate between June and August)
For lovers of seafood, wine and cruising this incredibly unique experience with EP Cruises will stay in your memory forever! Departing from the charming little fishing village of Streaky Bay on the Eyre Peninsula, while you are cruising the produce is being harvested directly from the ocean floor beneath! Passengers are given the opportunity to join the
skipper and crew in this 'hunter-gatherer' experience, diving for razor fish and abalone, shucking oysters, catching blue swimmer crabs and fishing for tommies, salmon and garfish from the back of the vessel.
Each component of your catch is prepared onboard by the crew and presented as an array of delectable canapés. Selectively paired with local wines, this 5 hour cruise is destined to unleash the true flavours of the Seafood Frontier.
UPGRADE TO PRIVATE TOURING WITH XPLORE EYRE PLUS
This is a once in a lifetime experience after all so if you would rather do it in style with your own private group, your own guide and premium accommodation and food then why not! On this tour you are able to upgrade to Xplore Eyre Plus by choosing it as an optional “add on” during the booking process. The Xplore Eyre Plus add on will take your journey to the next level.
- A private tour (min 2 people)
- 4.5 Star Deluxe Accommodation
- Premium meals including wine, delicious seafood and local harvest produce
- Hassie is usually your guide
- Travel in an executive 4WD
- Additional Optional Experiences included in the package - Swim with Sea lions & Ocean to Plate Harvest Cruise
- Flights are operated by Rex and depart Adelaide at 8.15am – arriving 9.05am and returning from Ceduna on day three at 7.25pm arriving Adelaide 8.50pm.
- We recommend storing some luggage at your return accommodation in Adelaide as Rex have a 15kg luggage restriction per person plus one 7kg carry on. For more details on Rex Baggage Allowance please visit their website.
- It is highly recommended that you pre-book the optional activities at time of booking as they are very popular and can’t be booked on the day. We can reserve your place upon booking and you pay the operator locally.
- Any Optional Extra Experiences are outsourced and therefore the terms and conditions of each operators apply
- Dietary requirements can be catered for but must be advised at time of booking
- We reserve the right to cancel a tour and arrange an alternative operator (if possible) if group numbers are insufficient (min 2 people) and if the alternative is not suitable we will refund your tour price in full. Please read our full Booking Terms & Conditions prior to booking your tour
- Sea Lions and Harvest Experience don’t operate from June to August so there is an alternative itinerary for this day during these months
- Xplore Eyre Plus Private Touring is for a minimum of 2 pax