Xplore Eyre – 1-Day Port Lincoln Tour
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Port Lincoln
- Product code: TE1
Combining local produce, wildlife and spectacular scenery, this 1-day tour of Australia’s seafood capital Port Lincoln truly showcases the regions diverse range of experiences. Sit back and enjoy the entertaining commentary from your local guide as you travel along some of South Australia’s most scenic coastline. From secluded white sandy beaches to rugged cliffs, you won’t be able to put your camera away.
Your taste buds are in for a treat as you enjoy a fresh seafood lunch at the award-winning Fresh Fish Place, and visit Lincoln Estate for wine tastings. Nature lovers will be thrilled by close encounters with wildlife, including the wild koalas at Mikkira Station. The Eyre Peninsula is guaranteed to leave you breathless, inspired and wondering why you hadn’t come sooner.
- Discover the spectacular coastal scenery of the Eyre Peninsula
- Enjoy a seafood lunch at the Fresh Fish Place and wine tasting at Lincoln Estate Wines
- Wander around historic Mikkira Station - home to 150 wild koalas
- Learn about the history of Port Lincoln and meet some of the local characters
- Relax and enjoy entertaining commentary from our passionate guide
You will be picked up from your Port Lincoln accommodation between at 7.30 am - 8.00 am and once everyone is on board, start the day heading to Lincoln National Park. Visit Wanna for great views over Sleaford Bay and keep your eyes peeled for native birdlife along the cliff tops. Keep an eye on the water below as in the winter months you may even be lucky enough to spot some whales.
Next, head to Stamford Hill picnic ground on the other side of the park for morning tea and beautiful views across the harbour. Kick-off your shoes for a stroll along Surfleet Beach before travelling to Fisheries Bay where we begin a 14-kilometre scenic coastal drive along Whalers Way. Be wowed by the breathtaking coastline and some of the oldest rocks in Australia.
If you love wildlife, the next stop will be a highlight. Mikkira Station is home to the only wild koala colony on the Eyre Peninsula with around 150 koalas living in the many Manna Gum trees. You are likely to see kangaroos and emus here too and explore the historic homestead giving insight into the lives of the pioneers.
Back in town we’ll have a mouthwatering meal at the Fresh Fish Place and take a stroll around the Port Lincoln Marina and foreshore. See the extraordinary range of both commercial and private fishing vessels of Australia’s largest port. By midafternoon we’ll arrive at Lincoln Estate for wine tastings and to see kangaroos, parrots and other wildlife at Glen Forest Tourist Park.
Finish the tour on top of the world at Winters Hill lookout, and after a fantastic day, we will drop you back to your Port Lincoln accommodation between 5 pm and 5.30 pm.
- Local guide
- All activities, national park fees and GST
- Morning tea
- Wine tasting
- Pick up and drop off
- Small group tours are operated on a coaster bus with a maximum of 20 people.
- Private tours are operated in a 7-seater Executive Landcruiser. Private tours require a minimum of two people or the Private Tour Single Traveller rate applies.
- Our guide will call you the night before departure to confirm pick up.
- Dietary requirements can be catered for but please advise at the time of booking.
- Please Bring: Personal belongings, rainproof jacket, walking shoes, hand sanitizer, water bottle, hat, and sunscreen.
- Please read our full Booking Terms & Conditions before booking your tour.
View this tour on the Xplore Eyre website
Line & Label Dining Experience Add On – $150pp (closed until further notice)
Finish touring the Eyre Peninsula by adding an exquisite culinary dining experience at the award-winning Line & Label restaurant to your tour. Sit down to enjoy signature dishes, hand-selected by the Executive Chef, using only the finest local produce. Sip on a perfectly matched bottle of Peter Teakle Wine as you dine in the comfortable and stylish venue overlooking views of the vineyard, ocean and Winter’s Hill.
Following your meal, you will be transferred back to your Port Lincoln accommodation.
This experience is available for dinner bookings for tours departing Thursday to Saturday and requires a minimum of two people. Available for direct bookings only, you can add this experience to your cart at check out.