Xplore Eyre – 3-Day Margaret River Luxury Escape
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: Perth, Wa
- Product code: MRLUX3
Experience three days of bliss as you indulge in exquisite culinary experiences on this gourmet food and wine discovery of Western Australia's Margaret River region. Stay in one of Australia's finest boutique hotels - Cape Lodge. A stylish and sophisticated retreat with its own vineyard, here you will dine in its acclaimed restaurant, be pampered at the Spa and cook with one of Australia's best chefs during a hands-on cooking class.
Your attentive and knowledgeable guide will showcase Margaret River's alluring fusion of coastal serenity, world-class wine and gourmet foods. Be introduced to innovative chefs who use high-quality local produce to create the unforgettable cuisine the South West is renowned. Food and wine connoisseurs will have their senses awakened by private tastings and meals at signature vineyards such as Voyager Estate, Vasse Felix, Wills Domain and Cullen Wines. But it's not just the wine the South West is famous for, beer, gin, olive oil
and chocolate aficionados are also spoilt for choice.
No visit to Margaret River is complete without taking in the spectacular coastal scenery of Cape Naturaliste. On this luxury tour, you will do it in style. Take a walk along the iconic Cape to Cape Track with local custodian Josh "Koomal" Whiteland. He will introduce you to the world's oldest living culture on a powerful Indigenous experience. Finish the tour with a fabulous one-hour scenic flight from Margaret River back to Perth on a luxury seaplane, landing on the picture-perfect Swan River.
- Stay at the luxurious Cape Lodge featuring its own vineyard and world-class restaurant
- Enjoy a behind-the-scenes tour at Voyager Estate with an exquisite four-course lunch
- Relax during a one and a half hour pamper session at the Cape Lodge Spa
- Cook alongside much-loved celebrity chef Tony Howell during a cooking class at Cape Lodge
- See magnificent coastal scenery on a luxury scenic flight from Margaret River to Perth
- Watch chefs in action at Wills Domain as they prepare your signature tasting menu
- Discover Australia's most fabulous artificial reef at the Busselton Underwater Observatory
- Walk part of the iconic Cape to Cape Track on during an Indigenous cultural tour
- Watch the sunset and moonrise over the ocean during dinner iconic Pullman Bunker Bay Resort
Your Margaret River Luxury Escape begins bright and early at your Perth accommodation where your experienced guide will greet you. Over a coffee, discuss the journey ahead and then travel south to your first destination at the popular tourist town of Busselton. Take a stroll along the world's second-longest jetty which stretches 1.8km out into stunning Geographe Bay. Descend eight metres below the ocean surface to discover Australia's greatest artificial reef at the Underwater Observatory, host to vividly coloured tropical and sub-tropical marine life.
Come lunchtime you will arrive into the Margaret River region at Wills Domain. The talk of the region, dine in the private dining area where you can be part of a more intimate experience, watching the masters at work in the kitchen. Feast on the innovative "Tasting Menu" curated by head chef Seth James.
Spend the rest of the afternoon, tasting your way around the wine regions best cellar doors, which we will tailor to your liking. Options include premium establishments such as Gabriel's Chocolate, Cullen Wines and Vasse Felix.
Come 6pm you will be checking into your Lakeside Room at one of Australia's best boutique hotels - Cape Lodge. Set on 40 acres of manicured parkland and featuring its own vineyard, this high-quality property with its old English charm is sure to impress. Tonight, you will dine at the Cape Lodge Restaurant, renowned as one of the great dining rooms in Western Australia. Offering classically prepared French-influenced country fare, it showcases the best of Margaret River's produce sourced from the land to the sea.
Start the day with a delicious breakfast in the comfort of your room. Unwind during a one-and-a-half-hour spa treatment of your choice. Feeling blissfully relaxed, its time to meet one of Australia's most loved and recognised chefs – Tony Howell, or Chef Tone as he is affectionately known. Featured in Condé Nast, during a hands-on cooking lesson, Tony will provide step by step tuition in the making of superb seasonal dishes followed by lunch with matching wines.
This afternoon you will meet an incredible human and Wadandi custodian - Josh "Koomal" Whiteland. He will introduce you to the world's oldest living culture with his authentic and personal interpretation on a two-hour private tour of the spectacular Cape Naturaliste. Learn about native flora and fauna, bush medicine and hear local stories as you take and easy walk along part of the iconic Cape to Cape Track. As you take in the breathtaking scenery and feel Josh's passion, you will gather a deeper appreciation of Indigenous culture and their connection to the land. Meet at a private meeting place where you will see an artefact display and be mesmerised by a live didgeridoo performance.Next, experience breathtaking vistas at one of the most romantic and secluded spots in the Margaret River Wine Region - Bunker Bay. The Other Side of the Moon restaurant in the Pullman Bunker Bay Resort features a contemporary Australian menu underpinned by an Indigenous flair and a South West flavour. Enjoy an exquisite dining experience as you watch the sunset, and moonrise over the ocean.
It's up early today to enjoy breakfast at one of the local's favourites, The White Elephant Beach Café. With fantastic views over the ocean, it's also a great place for whale watching from August to December. Following breakfast, see the beautiful Margaret River Mouth and a world-famous surf break at Surfers Point. Travel into the vibrant township of Margaret River to explore its eclectic mix of boutique stores and galleries.
Come late morning you will arrive at one of Margaret River's founding vineyards, Voyager Estate. Established in 1978, this stunning winery has a meticulous approach to its winemaking. Go behind the scenes on a tour of the winery and vineyard, and taste wine straight from the barrel. Learn about the estate's rich history and taste a variety of world-class wine in the beautiful Cellar Door. Finish your Voyager experience with a 4-course Discovery Menu and flight of three wines which is sure to impress epicurean enthusiasts.
It's time for your last incredible experience. Your guide will say farewell, and you will travel back to Perth on a one-hour luxury scenic flight with Swan River Seaplanes. Take in the majestic rugged coast and white sandy beaches, vine-studded hinterland and karri forests of the region you have now come to love. Land on the picture-perfect Swan River taking in the magnificent Perth skyline. You will be transferred by private vehicle to your Perth accommodation where you will arrive around 5pm.
- This tour can start with a pickup at Busselton Airport at 9.30am
- The flight is operated by Swan River Seaplanes and departs Margaret River airstrip at 3pm and arrives in Perth on the spectacular Swan River at 4pm. The aircraft is a luxurious state of the art Cessna turbo-prop seaplane.
- Accommodation is in a luxurious Lakeside King Room with Spa.
- Rates are based on Double Share. If you are travelling solo, you need to pay the Single Traveller rate.
- Dietary requirements can be catered for, but please advise at time of booking.
- Changes to Itinerary: Our experienced guides will tailor activities on seasonal conditions throughout the year to maximise your experience and enjoyment. Any deviation from this itinerary will be made with serious consideration and passengers' best interest and safety as our number one priority.