Xplore Eyre – 1-Day Coffin Bay Private Tour
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Port Lincoln
- Product code: CB1PLUS
This exclusive one day tour from Port Lincoln features some of the world’s most sought-after seafood including the delectable Coffin Bay oyster. Foodies will be left hungry for more as you are taken on a culinary journey of ‘Australia’s Seafood Capital’. Your local guide will introduce you to the passionate growers and makers of the region. This tour features highlights such as a cruise with Pure Coffin Bay Oysters, a mouthwatering seafood lunch, a visit to a boutique brewery and a stroll along a pristine beach. Get ready to relax and be wowed by the spectacular scenery of the region while your taste buds get the ultimate workout. To top it off you’ll even spot some of the local native wildlife making this tour the perfect combination of nature and gastronomy!
- Engage in the ‘Pure Coffin Bay Oysters’ personalised Oyster Lease Tour and Tastings
- Explore Coffin Bay National Park and its footprint free beaches
- Feast on a delicious fresh seafood lunch at 1802 Oyster Bar & Restaurant
- Visit Beer Garden Brewing to taste their sustainably brewed Ale
- See native wildlife in its own environment
- Meet the passionate makers and growers of the Eyre Peninsula
- Entertaining commentary from our local and passionate guide
Your guide will greet you at your Port Lincoln accommodation at around 8am and we’ll start the day by heading to Coffin Bay National Park to see some stunning coastline. Take your shoes off for a stroll along Almonta Beach and enjoy morning tea with spectacular views. Next it’s time to board the boat with Chris from Pure Coffin Bay Oysters to head 16km out in calm waters to their oyster lease. As he plucks fresh oysters from the ocean, Chris will happily share his knowledge about the local industry. From the water you will experience all the beauty of the pristine coastline, including time to spot the seals at Brothers Island and often we’ll spot some dolphins along the way. After the cruise we’ll head back to the ‘Shellar Door’ to see how the oysters are processed and grab some extras for later on.
It’s time for lunch so get ready to feast on a world class seafood plater at the iconic 1802 Oyster Bar & Restaurant. Including King George Whiting, crab, southern calamari, cockles and of course oyster, served in a range of exquisite ways, this meal is sure to impress. If you are not a seafood lover fear not, there are lots of other options.
As we mosey back down the coast towards Port Lincoln, stop at multi-award winning specialty coffee roasters The Boston Bean Coffee Company, where the hardest decision of the day will be deciding which coffee to choose. Then get ready for your final taste sensation enjoying a tasting paddle of sustainably brewed beers at the Eyre Peninsula’s very own boutique brewery, Beer Garden Brewing. Served up with an antipasto platter of local produce, it’s the perfect way to end a fabulous day of touring on the Eyre Peninsula.
As you come to the end of your culinary journey, your guide will drop you back at your Port Lincoln accommodation between 5pm and 5.30pm.
- Local guide
- All activities, national park fees and GST
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Pure Coffin Bay Oyster Lease Tour
- Seafood Lunch at 1802 Oyster Bar
- Beer Garden Brewing Tasting
- Pick up and drop off
- Dietary requirements can be catered for but must be advised at time of booking.
- Private tours require a minimum of two people to operate or a Single Traveller rate applies.
- Changes to Itinerary: Our experienced guides will tailor activities on seasonal conditions throughout the year to maximise your experience and enjoyment. Any deviation from this itinerary will be made with serious consideration and passengers’ best interest and safety as our number one priority.
- Please read our full Booking Terms & Conditions prior to booking your tour.
Line & Label Dining Experience Add On – $150pp
Finish touring the Eyre Peninsula by adding an exquisite culinary dining experience at the award-winning Line & Label restaurant to your tour. Sit down to enjoy signature dishes, hand selected by the Executive Chef, using only the finest local produce. Sip on a perfectly matched bottle of Peter Teakle Wine as you dine in the comfortable and stylish venue overlooking views of the vineyard, ocean and Winter’s Hill.
Following your meal you will be transferred back to your Port Lincoln accommodation.
This experience is available for dinner bookings for tours departing Thursday to Saturday and requires a minimum of two people. Available for direct bookings only, you can add this experience to your cart at check out.