Xplore Eyre – 1-Day Coffin Bay Tour
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Port Lincoln
- Product code: CB1
Coffin Bay is Australia’s premier oyster growing destination and this day tour from Port Lincoln combines the best local produce and freshest seafood, with stunning coastal scenery. This part of South Australia is famed for its pure, clear waters and pristine landscape. From rugged cliffs to white sandy beaches, you won’t be able to put your camera away. But it’s your taste buds that are in for a real treat today.
Jump onboard a cruise with ‘Experience Coffin Bay’ to taste their world-famous oysters, plucked straight from the lease. Enjoy a delectable lunch and relax and enjoy tastings at picturesque Boston Bay Wines.
Meet the local characters that make our region so special during some fabulous ‘meet the maker’ experiences, and feel inspired as your local guide shares his knowledge and passion with you.
- Engage in the ‘Experience Coffin Bay’ personalised Oyster Lease Cruise
- Explore Coffin Bay National Park and its footprint-free beaches
- Feast on a delicious lunch at 1802 Oyster Bar & Restaurant
- Visit beautiful Boston Bay Wines for tastings
- See native wildlife in its environment
- Enjoy entertaining commentary from our local and passionate guide
Travel to the beautiful Coffin Bay National Park which features some of the most scenic coastline in South Australia. Kick-off your shoes for a stroll along deserted Almonta Beach. Enjoy morning tea served up with spectacular 360-degree views, and keep your eyes peeled for families of emus and kangaroos.
Next, it’s time for a tour highlight as you meet the makers behind Experience Coffin Bay - Chris and Linda. Soak up the pristine environment around you learn about the oyster industry on the Eyre Peninsula. Pluck fresh oysters from straight from the lease, try your hand at shucking, and finally, taste! Then you will understand why Coffin Bay Oysters are recognised as the world’s best and have been known to convert many a non-oyster eater. Cruising back towards town, sip on some local sparkling wine (at own expense) and keep your eyes peeled for the dolphins that call these waterways home.
With your taste buds wanting more, we’ll sit down for lunch at 1802 Oyster Bar & Restaurant. Enjoy Chef Andy’s favourite dishes sampling a range of local produce from the sea and land.
After a relaxing lunch, we’ll head back toward Port Lincoln to our final destination, the picturesque Boston Bay Wines. Here you will meet Tony and Sonia to learn about their second-generation vineyard and taste a range of premium wines. Those with a sweet tooth may swap the wine tasting for some locally made ice cream and coffee.
After an enjoyable day, we will drop you back to your Port Lincoln accommodation between 5 pm and 5.30 pm.
- Local guide
- All activities, national park fees and GST
- Morning tea
- Experience Coffin Bay Oyster Lease Tour
- Lunch at 1802 Oyster Bar
- Wine tasting at Boston Bay Wines
- Pick up and drop off
- Dietary requirements can be catered for, but please advise at time of booking.
- Small group tours are operated on a coaster bus with a maximum of 20 people.
- Private tours are operated in a 7-seater Executive Landcruiser. Private tours require a minimum of two people or the Private Tour Single Traveller rate applies.
- Please read our full Booking Terms & Conditions before booking your tour.